Gryffe Hillwalking was formed in 1985 by a group of enthusiastic like-minded walkers, their aim to explore the beautiful Scottish hills and bag many Munro’s, (hills over 3000ft). Based in Renfrewshire, in the West of Scotland, the name comes from the river Gryffe which runs through Houston and Bridge of Weir, though our membership with the aid of social media spreads much further.
As a mixed ability group, we take the mountains seriously and enjoy the company of sociable outings. Many of our members have completed all 282 Munro’s, many are still bagging and many just enjoy a strenuous and rewarding day on the Scottish hills.
The Club is affiliated to Mountaineering Scotland, this gives members access to discounts at various outdoor suppliers (10-20%), huts, insurance and other benefits.
Please check out our pages and links for more information:
* Contact Us to talk about coming on our next trip
* Check out the sort of gear you should have for winter or summer
* See our Diary page – Saturday or Sunday walks and Weekend trips
* See our Gryffe Club Facebook page
* See External Useful Links page for weather forecasts, hillwalking routes, training courses, climbing centres, etc.