Gryffe Hillwalking Club was formed in 1985. We are based in Houston (west of Glasgow), but our members live dispersed throughout Renfrewshire and beyond.
We have a very mixed membership, from those who like to walk with a group and have a social day, to experienced mountaineers including seven of us who have completed all the Munros in Scotland. Some, due to family and other commitments, venture out only a few times each year, while others get out on the hills every other week.
The Club is affiliated to Mountaineering Scotland, which gives members access to discounts at various shops (10-20%), huts, insurance and other benefits.
Want to find out more?
Then try these links:
* Contact Us to talk about coming on our next trip
* Check out the sort of gear you should have for winter or summer
* See our Diary page – Saturday or Sunday walks and Weekend trips
* See our Gryffe Club Facebook page
* See External Useful Links page for weather forecasts, hillwalking routes, training courses, climbing centres, etc.